sexta-feira, 28 de junho de 2013

31 songs

I started reading today 31 songs, from Nick Hornby. It's a book about what music means to his life, and since I'm a great fan of him, I got really interested in. I have to confess I don't know most of the songs of the list, because I wasn't a great listener of pop music (specially in English - I'm brazilian) til the age of 14, maybe. But even though I don't know them, the way he writes keeps me just reading on. The first song he brings on is called Your love is the place where I come from. 
Well, I don't want to tell the story about the song, just want to share something I read in this first chapter, if I may call it that way, that I had to admit it's plainly true. 

"[...] if you love a song, love it enough for it to accompany you throughout the different stages of your life, then any specific memory is rubbed away by use". 
I used to not like some songs because of the memories they brought me, or, in reverse, I used to love some songs which remember me good moments, but sometimes thought wrong to like them, because the reason I felt happy didn't exist any longer. And I was just being stupid. That's why I'd kept listening to them along the years - after I could see how silly I was being. I want the songs that inspired me a good moment continue to be present in my life, as I could choose the soundtrack of it and feel alive. I want the people I love now and may love in the future to know my soul has something registered on it. And if they like it too, that they shall dance with me.

Thanks for letting me share my inner songs with you

Nenhum comentário: